The wonderful SpamellaB has created this easy Veganuary inspired recipe using Montezuma's ‘Like No Udder’ range – A Vegan milk chocolate alternative! Perfect for those of you who are looking for an easy to make, vegan recipe.
For the cookie dough:
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30g coconut oil
- 180g smooth peanut, almond or cashew butter
- 150g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons almond or oat milk
- 60g Montezuma’s Like No Udder Milk Chocolate Alternative, chopped into chunks
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 40g Montezuma’s Like No Udder Chocolate Alternative, broken up into pieces
- Cashew nuts, chopped
- Cacao nibs
Get making! Step-by-step Recipe:
- Place the oats and cashews in a high-power blender or food processor and whizz up until ground down. Add the cinnamon.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup then set aside. Once cooled a little, pour into the blender along with the vanilla and milk. Pulse a few times until the mixtures comes together in a slightly sticky cookie dough consistency. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Line a tin or tub (15cm x 20cm) with greaseproof paper and tip the cookie dough in. Use your hands to spread out evenly and pat down. Chill while you make the topping.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and chocolate. Pour over the cookie dough to cover then scatter over the cacao nibs and cashew nuts. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pop out of the fridge and onto a chopping board. Cut into small chunks and enjoy!